Some of our posts contain affiliate links and we may earn a commission through them.
There’s lot’s happening at your local commissary now through October.
Here’s a list of events and promotions that you’ll definitely want to take take advantage of.
- Back-to-school sidewalk sales events will continue as scheduled at many commissaries worldwide. Patrons can check DeCA’s website for the date and times for their locally held back-to-school sidewalk sale. This sale offers club pack items, cases of your favorite cereals and bottled water, and more.
- Exclusive savings on turkeys. Beginning in September, commissaries worldwide will offer limited weekly quantities of frozen turkeys at 49 cents a pound for patrons who want to get a jump on saving for their holiday meals. Weekly available quantities of frozen turkeys are expected to increase closer to Thanksgiving.
- Smithfield VIP Race Day Experience Sweepstakes will be offered at stateside commissaries from Sept. 1 to Oct. 7. The grand prize is a trip – including travel, accommodations and race tickets – to a VIP Race Experience, where the winner will meet NASCAR driver Aric Almirola. Commissary patrons can enter for a chance to win with the purchase of any three or more Smithfield products in a single transaction, and a photo of their receipt texted with keyword “DECA” to 82257. There will also be 15 first prize winners who will receive one $50 commissary gift card. See in-store displays for details.
- Back-to-School/Labor Day Free Groceries. Sept. 1-23, Kraft Heinz Company will be giving away eight prizes worldwide of $2,500 each in commissary gift cards. No purchase necessary. Check your local commissary for more details.
- Although the “real” Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany, runs from late September until early October, patrons can go to their local commissary for the products to host their own parties. Worldwide commissary promotions on German products include chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage, rich German coffee and more.
- AXE “Back-to-School” Sweepstakes. From Sept.1-15, commissary patrons worldwide have the opportunity to enter to win many prizes, including commissary gift cards, Apple MacBooks, iPads, iPods and Apple gift cards. There will be more than 90 prizes awarded. Look for AXE shower gel and deodorant and hair care product displays in your local commissary.
- Monster Jam Celebration. From Sept. 24 to Oct. 7, commissaries worldwide will feature a P&G, USO, and Operation Homefront promotion with coupon savings up to $188. The stateside commissary with the best promotional display during this timeframe and which achieves the highest sales, will win an on-base Monster truck celebration that includes Monster trucks and drivers, Monster truck simulator, Monster Jam Activity Stations for children and free ticket giveaways for Monster truck events. Promotional prizes are also available for overseas locations. Check your local commissary for details.