Some of our posts contain affiliate links and we may earn a commission through them.
It’s one thing to give free or discounted tickets but the Baltimore Orioles are going above and beyond as they release a season long list of efforts to show their appreciation for the military .
Here is the full list of the Orioles Military Appreciation Program via SPORTS MEDIA 101:
• TICKET DISCOUNTS AT EVERY GAME – The Orioles extend a $5 discount on all tickets for military members and their families, available at the Oriole Park Box Office. Other discounts for military members can be arranged by contacting their Information, Tickets, and Travel Office (ITT/Leisure Travel office).
• ACTIVE DUTY SPECIAL OFFER – All Active Duty Personnel are encouraged to show their active duty ID badge to a representative in the Fan Assistance Center in the Warehouse at any home game to receive a complimentary Orioles cap.
• SUNDAY SUITE PROGRAM presented by GEICO – On every Sunday home game, the Orioles, in partnership with GEICO, donate a catered private suite to wounded service members and other active duty, veteran, and military organizations. Guests are also treated to a special player meet and greet before the game, recognition after the playing of “God Bless America” during the 7th inning stretch and complimentary Orioles player t-shirts. Participating players in 2015 include Zach Britton, Brad Brach, Chris Davis, JJ Hardy, Tommy Hunter, Darren O’Day, Chris Tillman and Matt Wieters. The United Services Organizations, Wounded Warrior Project, Yellow Ribbon Fund, Operation Homefront, Marine Corps League, The Mission Continues, Team RWB, The 6th Branch, Got Your 6, Red Circle Foundation, Warrior Events, and Fort Meade are among the organizations that have participated in the program.
• WELCOME HOME SCOREBOARD MESSAGES – The Orioles are proud to offer complimentary “Welcome Home” messages on Oriole Park’s centerfield video board for all active military personnel returning home from duty. To reserve a message for an upcoming game, families should call 888-848-BIRD.
• AT&T MILITARY MESSAGES – AT&T is dedicated to supporting active military personnel, veterans, and their families. At select Sunday home games, AT&T and the Orioles invite the family of a deployed military service man or woman to be their guest of the game. During a designated inning, this family is featured on the centerfield video board as AT&T’s special guests.
* PLAYERS GIVE BACK TICKET PROGRAM
The Orioles donate 500 tickets to every Sunday home game (6,500 total) to military members in conjunction with Fort Meade as part of the Players Give Back program. In addition, hundreds of tickets have been donated to the following military groups so far in 2015: Operation Warrior Wishes, TAPS, The Air Force, The U.S. Army Reserves, MCVETS, and numerous military families.
Read the details HERE.